Steve's Home Restoration Portland

Call us today

Proudly Serving the Portland Metro Area

24/7 Emergency Damage Restoration Portland

Portland Mold Remediation

If your home or office has recently suffered from leaks or water damage, your property is more susceptible to mold growth. You might even have a mold problem and be unaware of it! Mold will grow and spread in optimum conditions (humid environments), leaving you with not only an annoyance but also a situation that could be potentially harmful to your health. If you suspect you may have a mold problem in your Portland home or office, you should call Steve’s Home Restoration at (503) 850-0521 immediately!

Your Portland Mold Remediation Experts

Mold growth is only possible when there is a source of water, or a source of food present. Building materials found in your home like plywood, drywall, carpet, and carpet padding are food for molds. In less than 24 hours mold growth can begin. At Steve’s Home Restoration we have specialized equipment to test for and eliminate mold. While some mold growth at your Portland property or office may be apparent, not all molds are as easy to detect. Musty smells and visible mold growth are some of the more obvious signs that your home or business may have a mold issue, but did you know mold can also exist inside walls, in the air and in hard to spot nooks and crannies? This is why our mold testing and check-up services are so important. Our technicians will test your property for mold growth with all the latest tools and techniques, accurately determining what, if any, kind of mold problems your property may have. Based on the results of your test, our mold removal technicians will work to formulate a mold elimination plan that is customized for your property and your specific mold issues. Although DIY kits are offered, we highly recommend using a professional mold testing service in Portland for the most accurate results.

Mold Causes & Removal

The most common cause for mold damage is a result of unaddressed water damages. If you discover mold in your home or office you should contact a professional restoration service immediately. Mold damage can be a serious hazard to anyone’s health that comes in contact with it. Mold can begin to grow within two hours of water damage, so make sure you have your home tested for mold after any natural disaster. Mold testing is an extremely delicate process and requires a specifically trained professional to detect specific types of mold. Contact Steve’s Home Restoration to have your Portland home or office tested for mold.

Portland Mold Remediation
Portland Mold Remediation
Portland Mold Remediation

Mold Testing & Why It Is Necessary

If during our testing our techs discover that your home has mold, our team will stop its growth completely and remove it from your home immediately. You aren’t in the clear once the mold is removed from your home just yet. To make sure that your home remains mold free there are a few extra precautions that should be taken once the mold has successfully been removed. If you discover any water damage at all, be sure to report it immediately. Purchase or rent a dehumidifier monthly to make sure the moisture in your home is removed completely.

Potential Health Risks of Mold Damage

There are some very common effects that result from constant exposure to mold, such as suffering from a runny nose, watery eyes, persistent sneezing, itching, congestion, and breathing issues. Mold can cause allergic reactions that range from mild to serious. As mold continues to grow, the reactions will become more serious and can cause serious health issues. Over time you and your family can suffer from infections of the ear, nose and throat if the water damage and mold was not removed properly from your home. In many cases, reactions to allergies are more likely to happen over time due to infections versus allergies.

Serious illnesses can happen if your home is riddled with black mold. You, or your family, can develop loss of memory along with serious respiratory problems and even brain damage. The serious conditions can be a result of simply coming into contact with black mold or touching it. Mold should not be allowed to remain in your home for any length of time. It must be removed quickly by hiring a professional team of trained specialists who know how to deal with this and take the necessary steps. If one of your family pets ingests or comes in contact with mold, contact a veterinarian and schedule a visit ASAP.

Request a Quote

Steve's Home Restoration is proud to serve home and business owners in the Greater Portland area, and we're licensed and insured for the entire state of Oregon. If you need to return your home or property back to the way it was, you should give us a call today at (503) 850-0521.

Call Now Button